Sermon #15 — The Doctrine of God, Pt. 6: To Know and Be Known
The Christian faith is not merely a set of ideas or concepts that adherents are meant to affirm intellectually; rather it is a living relationship with a living Being. If this series of sermons were to lead anyone to the notion that the Christian faith is simply about an intellectual decision to agree to a set of complex ideas about the concept of God, then I would consider the effort a profound failure, and I would pull them off my blog immediately.
In this sermon, I aim you toward a different way of approaching the Christian faith, one that recognizes that God is not simply an idea but rather a person — one who seeks and longs for a two-way, on-going relationship between us and him. The Christian faith is knowing God not merely knowing about God. Look at these two Bible passages before listening to the sermon.
- Sermon #10 – The Doctrine of God, Pt. 1: God in Himself (gachorpenning.wordpress.com)
- Sermon #11 – The Doctrine of God, Pt. 2: Creator and Maker, Psalm 104 (gachorpenning.wordpress.com)
- Sermon #12 – The Doctrine of God, Pt. 3 – The One Who Holds Space and Time (gachorpenning.wordpress.com)
- Sermon #13 – The Doctrine of God, Pt. 4: The Image (gachorpenning.wordpress.com)
- Sermon #14 – The Doctrine of God, Pt. 5: Male and Female He Created Them (gachorpenning.wordpress.com)
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones Sermons Now Available to All (faithbyhearing.wordpress.com)